University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, MA, American History
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL BA, History, April 2014
Florida State College at Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL, AA, highest honors, General Education, August 2012.
- Twentieth-century US and World Affairs
- Gender History
- Southern Environmental History
- Social movements
- Florida History
- Urban History
- Digital & Public History
- Education: K-12 and Higher Ed.
- Political/Economic History
Adjunct Instructor Adult Ed (Social Studies GED), Florida State College at Jacksonville North Campus, Fall 2016
Student Assistant Online Learning, University of North Florida Center for Instruction and Research Technology-Summer-Fall 2016
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of North Florida Nazi Germany-Online, Spring 2016
Distance Learning Coach, University of North Florida Terrorism Today-Online, Fall 2015- Fall 2016 State and Local Government-Online, Fall 2016
Student Mentor, Jacksonville Historical Society Archives, 2014-2016
Student Teacher, Broach- Orange Park Campus Social Studies 6-12th grade Spring 2014
Collection Processing Assistant, University of North Florida Thomas G. Carpenter Library Fall 2016
Jacksonville Historical Society Jacksonville, FL Office and Archival Assistant May 2015 – August 2015
- Professional and technical writing for social media sites, e-newsletter, grants, and exhibit panels.
- Archival duties: fulfill research requests, conduct institutional research related to the city’s history, or historic properties, and accessioned and deaccessioned archival materials. Oversee volunteer projects and hours.
- Office duties: membership enrollment, billing, and customer service.
Graduate Intern and Researcher August 2014 – December 2014
- Established a digital archive of digitized photos, media, and collection inventories. Cataloged and digitized over one thousand photographs.
Archival Volunteer December 2013
- Cataloged scrapbook collection.
- Prepared collections for accession.
- Deaccessioned duplicate items from the collection.
- Received new collections and found interested institutions for surplus or duplicated materials.
- Cataloged collections, created inventories, entered collections into Past-Perfect, organized existing collections, filed and sorted newspaper clippings.
Jacksonville Fire Museum Jacksonville, FL Summer Intern/Digital Content Editor June 2014- August 2014
- Developed a Flickr page for the museum with materials from the collection and the state archives.
- Strengthened the museum’s web presence via social media, formatted Wikipedia entries, and edited web content available on other sites.
- Museum related duties: guided tours of the 1903 Fire Station, conducted original research related to Jacksonville’s Fire Department history and accessioned archival materials.
Presentations and Workshops:
- “Kathryn Abbey Hanna’s Environmental Legacy,” UNF Graduate Symposium, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, April 2016.
- “Kathryn Abbey Hanna: Historian and Environmentalism ahead of her time,” UF Regional Phi Alpha Theta Conference, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, April 2016.
- “Women and Historical Societies: Preserving Florida’s Past and its Lands,” Lecture, Jacksonville Historical Society, Jacksonville, Florida, March 2016.
- “Kathryn Abbey Hanna: Florida’s Forgotten Environmental Historian,” Fifth-sixth annual Florida Conference of Historians, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, February 2016.
- “Rethinking Environmental History in Florida Through Regionalism,” First Annual UNF/Phi Alpha Theta History Conference, University of North Florida, January 2016.
- “Digital Participatory History Culture in the Local Community,” Lessons beyond the Learning Edge, TEDxFSCJ, Jacksonville, FL, September 2014. https://youtu.be/7JVC21AQ-NQ
- Attendee, “Creating a Digital Humanities Community Site for Florida,” THAT Camp Florida, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, February 2014.
- Research Consultant/Panel Writer, “The Spirit of ‘45: A Home-Front Retrospective,” Jacksonville Historical Society Archives, August to November 2015.
- Digital Curator, “Jacksonville Fire Museum Flickr Page,” June to August 2014. https://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxfiremuseum/
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna: Florida’s Forgotten Environmental Historian, The Courier, May 2016, Jacksonville Historical Society E-newsletter. (https://madmimi.com/s/511397)
Grants and Awards:
- Woman’s Club of Jacksonville- Research Scholarship, April 2016
Professional Service and Affiliations:
- Historian and Treasurer, Psi-Eta Chapter Phi Alpha Theta, University of North Florida, 2015-16.
- Co-coordinator, First Annual UNF History Conference, 2015-16.
Phi Alpha Theta
Phi Theta Kappa
American Historical Association
Organization of American Historians
Jacksonville Historical Society